Ben Hardy is a British stage and screen actor, most known for his time on the British soap EastEnders as Peter Beale from 2013-3015 and his portrayal of legendary Queen drummer Roger Taylor in the 2018 film Bohemian Rhapsody. He began acting while attending Gryphon School, then went on to the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, where he graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Arts in Acting in 2012. After graduating, Hardy went straight to the stage in productions of The Physicists and The Judas Kiss... continue reading about Mr. Hardy
• Grew up in Sherborne and attended Sherborne Primary School and The Gryphon School.
• He worked alongside Rupert Everett at the Duke of York’s Theatre in London for the stage production of The Judas Kiss.
• Attended the Central School of Speech and Drama where he graduated with a Bachelor’s of Art in Acting.
• Never showed an interest in acting until he was in his early teens. Before that time he aspired to be a sports personality.
• While preparing for his role as Angel in X-Men: Apocalypse, he decided to portray his character differently from Ben Foster’s Angel in X-Men: The Last Stand, considering the characters have evolved differently through the years.
• Ben admitted he lied about knowing the drums when auditioning for Bohemian Rhapsody. He ended up learning enough to land the role and had a drum lesson from Roger Taylor while filming.
• Ben likes to box in his spare time.
• Ben was first attached to playing the lead role in the Netflix series Sierra Burgess Is A Loser, but because his schedule didn’t line up with filming, the role went to Noah Centineo.